Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Back after a long absence!

Hi friends!

This summer is proving to be one of the busiest summers! I hope everyone is enjoying theirs so far. I'm sharing a card today that I'm entering into the colourQ and Word Art Wednesday sites. I've been making tons of cards with Copic markers and I'm glad I can finally take some time to share one today. Here's my card and the color badge that challenged me.I know the colors aren't a perfect match but I hope I got the general gist of the challenge! :)

Over a year ago, my son received a very gracious gift from a well-known crafter. She sent him a huge binder full of Autumn Leaves stamps. Although he plays with the stamps, I admit that I've been using them, too! I stamped this image several times on cardstock using Memento ink and then colored in the image with Copic markers. I've only started using these markers so I'm by no means an expert. BUT, they are really great to work with! It's incredibly relaxing to sit and just color an image in and see the depth of the final project. Once the panel was colored in, I added some black strips and then stamped the sentiment. Yes, I'm starting early for next year! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat
Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors...you've captured the inspiration piece really well. I discovered copics a little while ago too and I'm in love :) Thanks for sharing!

    Tam
    Card Making Artists
    http://cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the sketch and the colors are perfect with each other...I love bright colors so, this is along my alley. Awesome job! Thanks for blessing us with your card at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word of encouragement in Psalm 16:8 which says, "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." God bless always.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you are a beginner with Copic markers (me too) you did a beautiful job on this card. I like the bold vibrant look!
    Trude
    http://stampwithtrude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!