Monday, July 30, 2012

Play Date Cafe card

Hi again!

Yes, 2 cards in one night! I'm cutting it close with the latest challenge at the Play Date Cafe site so I had to work fast tonight! :)

Here's the color inspiration badge and my card.
I used the Rain or Shine Unity Stamp set for my CAS card tonight. I wanted to incorporate the colors through some pattern paper so I did some paper piecing on the dress and the umbrella. I colored in the man's clothing using distress markers and then just added some pink gems to the umbrella. A CAS card is usually not my style--it's much harder than it looks!--but I'm happy with how this one turned out.

There's a few hours left if you want to play along with this week's challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Ever so cute, and such a sweet take on the color story, Pat! LOVE all your paper-pieced patterns! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally loving this cute card, and perfect blingage! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Pat! Just love how CAS you used our bright, bold colors. Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us in The Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!