Wednesday, November 14, 2012

An inkless card!

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great week! Mine has been busy! Every week I think, "this will be a nice, slow week." So far, I have yet to have one of those weeks!

If you guys haven't checked out the latest challenge at the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog, you are missing quite the challenge! What's the challenge? Make a card without using INK! The only exception was embossing ink--and I'm thankful for that! You could use paint and distress markers--but not ink!

So, here's my card.
I used Hero Arts Dots and Flowers stamp with Versamark and embossed it in white. Then, I used my blue and pearl perfect pearl powders and did an embossed resist.You can see the shine on the card and it really does look lovely! I'd forgotten just how amazing those perfect pearl powders look! The Christmas trees were also heat embossed but with silver embossing powder and then I added some red stickles to them. The final touch was white ribbon. The sentiment is on the inside and it's also from Hero Arts. It says, "wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas".

Hope you guys choose to play along! It required some work--and I ended up with very "pearlized" fingers--but I love the look of the card!

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Loving the silver and blue together! Those snowflakes are fantastic! : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!