Wednesday, July 24, 2013

You Make Me Smile

Hi everyone!

I know, I haven't checked in this week but it's been busy. We homeschool our boys and my new curriculum for next year arrived so that's had me busy going through it and making ROOM for all the stuff they're going to be doing. Exciting--but overwhelming with all the stuff!

I've been enjoying the Summer Card Camp 2 class but really fell behind in week 2. So, today's card is from week's 2 color challenge. Here's my card:

This card was a real stretch for me...mainly because I tend to not do "cutesy" cards. But, I will admit this monkey is cute and she was fun to work with. I started out with brown cardstock. I knew it looked too plain so I used a leaf stamp from The Craft's Meow "Kindred Spirits" set and used versamark to stamp the image all over the cardstock. I heat embossed it and that created my background paper. Then, I stamped the tree and monkey on watercolor paper using Versafine ink and used my distress markers to color in the images. I die cut the image and some green pattern paper from My Mind's Eye. For the monkey's hula skirt, I used some gems. She looks cute with that little skirt. And the sentiment is from the "You" set by Simon Says Stamp! Although you can't see it, I did add glossy accents to the coconuts in the tree, too, so that they'd have some added dimension also.

Thanks for stopping by and hoping to see you soon with another post,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!