Thursday, August 1, 2013

Robot Happy Birthday

Hi friends!

Sorry for the long absence! Our new homeschooling curriculum arrived and I've been so busy organizing it all that making cards has taken a back seat. BUT, I wanted to play along with this week's challenge at the Mojo Monday site. I also saw the latest challenge at V's Sweet Ideas blog and will enter the card there, too. Their challenge was to use twine on your card. You'll find my card and this week's sketch below:
How cute is this for a little boy?! Love it! I have a friend that needed a card for a 5 year old boy and this card is perfect! I used paper from DCWV's All About Boys stack. The stamped image is from the Dollar Store--I've had it forever! I embossed it and then used some stickles to color in parts of the robot. The picture doesn't catch the shine well--he looks even cuter in real life! I colored him in using my inktense watercolor pencils. Then, I added some faux stitching along the white strip and on the circle die. I stamped the sentiment (Simon Says Stamp!'s "Happy") and white embossed it. As a final touch, I added a button with some baker's twine and the card was done.

Hope to be back soon with more cards! Thanks for stopping by,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card! Love all the colors and great use of twine!!! Thank you for joining us over at V's Sweet Challenge Pat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!