Thursday, August 25, 2011

Horizontal Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

Hi all!

First off, thank you so much for all the sweet comments being left on my posts. I so appreciate the kindness. :) Second, this week has been a lot of fun on the Moxie Fab World site. If you haven't checked them out, and you want to play along w/the sketch I based my card off of, click here.

It's no secret I love a good sketch...and this one made me very excited! Actually, it's the fastest card I think I've ever done! The idea hit pretty quickly and I think the card was done in less than 20 minutes! Here's the sketch:














And here's my take:
I started out w/a Fiskars inchie stamp from the bird/flight set. I knew I wanted a dark base and a pop of color. Finally decided on silver pigment ink on black. I stamped the image on scraps 3 times so I had a rough idea of where I wanted the image placed. Then, I took the flower--from JoAnn Essentials--and took a script stamp and stamped that on the flower, too. You just can't see it very well. Then I added the pearl. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Final step was to round the corners and the card was done!

This was a great sketch! Although I did the dark base and metallic ink, I've already thought of different color combos and even different image ideas for it.

Hope you can play along!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pink and chocolate combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty...love that metallic ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!