Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lily Pad's The Greeting Farm Challenge

Hi all!

So, here's my final card for the day...maybe the week depending on how busy I get! I decided to play along w/the sketch found over on the Lily Pad website. You can find them here. Since I'm a big fan of sketches, I thought this one would be right up my alley.

Here's the sketch:

















Here's my take on it:

I started out using my cuttlebug to emboss the front of the card w/the swiss dots folder. Then, I used some dark purple cardstock and, again using my cuttlebug, cut out the center panel. I stamped the image w/white pigment ink. It's from Delta and it's called Solidaga Sprig. I bought it a long time ago when it was on clearance at Michaels. To get several images, I simply repeated the stamping w/out reinking. Not sure I LOVE the look, but it's ok. Then, I took some orange ribbon and adhered it to the front of the card. Using dimensional adhesive, I placed the center panel. Then, using an EK Success punch (I think?), I cut out some photo corners in the purple. Done! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I really like that stamping technique, it produces such a pretty image. Really lovely card, you've done a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, I have that solidago sprig also, it always reminds me of a sprig of lavender. Very pretty elements on your card - thanks so much for playing in the Pond with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge and lovely shadow inking! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!