Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

Hi all!

I have to admit, I follow tons of blogs...but this week, I've absolutely LOVED Moxie Fab's challenges. If you aren't familiar w/the website, click here. This is one of the featured sketches this week.

I hadn't really done a card like this--much less a square--so I thought it'd be fun to join in the fun. And with homeschooling back in full effect next week, why not milk the small bit of extra time I do have?! :)






Here's my take:

I started out w/white cardstock and I stamped the butterfly in black soot distress ink. The butterfly is one of my favorite stamps and it's from Hero Arts, I think. Then I stamped the butterfly again on a separate piece of paper and heat embossed the image. I took my Broken China and Chipped Sapphire distress inks and colored in the butterfly. Then, I cut it out and adhered it w/dimensional adhesive. I then squirted a bit of water onto my mat and used a paintbrush to blend the colors just a bit more. Once it was dry, I added the pearls and stamped the sentiment (which is from the dollar bin at the Craft Warehouse). Done! :)

Hope you can play along...and thanks for the comments--they brighten up my day! :)

5 comments:

  1. This is a perfect CAS card. That butterfly is stunning, beautiful blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool card :o)

    Shelly X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card . Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!