Sunday, August 14, 2011

Love is in the air!

Hi all!

I've been MIA for a bit b/c I was vacationing with family. We headed south to California for my cousin's wedding. We decided it would also be the perfect excuse to take the boys to Lego Land since it was my youngest son's 7th b-day yesterday. Talk about an exhausting 2 days of walking at Lego Land! Yet, as my hubby and I walked slowly back to the car as Lego Land was closing, our youngest RAN all the way and was so thrilled! Made the expensive entrance fee totally worth it! :)

But back to the wedding...I've always been a bit intimidated by wedding cards. I always think they have to be super fancy. But, I really wanted to give my cousin and his bride a handmade card. So, I got my nerve up and this is what I came up with.


The patterned paper was from the Luxury Stack (one of my favorites!). I then used my cuttlebug to cut the center label and emboss it around the edges. Love that look! Then, using some dollar stamps from my local craft store (The Craft Warehouse), I stamped "Love, honor, and cherish" on the label in a soft pink color. Using the wedding cake from the same $1 set, I stamped it in pink, cut it out, added some rhinestones, and put some glossy accents on the hearts. Now that I've had more time to look at the cake, I could've added some nice embossing to the cake, too. Oh well--time wasn't on my side on this one! Then I made the banner w/the sentiment (also from the $1 set) and the card was done. I learned how to score the paper to make the banner from either Jill Foster or Jennifer McGuire--my 2 favorite crafters! :)

Hope everyone is enjoying a fun Sunday! I still have unpacking, laundry, and cooking to do...sigh... :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!