Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas in July card!

Hi everyone! Well, every time I check the blogs I follow, I see more and more Christmas cards! So, I figured I should play along and get busy making some Christmas cards. I wanted to play along with several sites. First, there's a color challenge at the Ribbon Carousel site. Then, there's a "Christmas in July" challenge at the PaperPlay site. And, finally, there's a "no rules" challenge at the Simon Says Stamp and Show site. Here's my card and the challenge colors from the Ribbon Carousel site.
These colors were, clearly, a perfect Christmas card! I used my Hero Arts Christmas tree stamp and inked it in a mossy green and then cut it out. Then, I added some Christmas red stickles to fill in the ornaments and garland. I used pattern paper from My Mind's Eye "Merry Little Christmas" 6x6 paper stack and stamped a simple "Merry Christmas" sentiment and embossed it in white. I added some red and green twine at the top of the card and it was done! The tree took the most time but it looks cute... :)

I guess I got a headstart on Christmas this year!

Hope you call can join in on the fun, too!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. so gorgeous card, love the combo
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the red bling on the tree. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! Gorgeous Christmas tree! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Carousel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!