Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Lawnscaping and Color Throwdown card

Hi everyone!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We've had family in town so it wasn't til tonight that I got to enjoy some time in my room...but I had a blast in my room tonight! :)

Have you ever had a thought in your head for a card and you were just missing one element to make the card work? I had been thinking about a card for DAYS and I finally got the missing element today..and I'm so happy with my card!

I chose to play along with two different challenges. The first is from the Lawnscaping site. The challenge was to add dimension to a card and I love that kind of a challenge! The second challenge was a color challenge from the Color Throwdown site. Here are the badges for both challenges.
Here's my card: I have a friend that is going through a hard time right now. She needs some encouragement and I wanted her to know how loved she is by, not just me, but by Jesus. I knew I wanted to use a light blue sky with a cross that I had embossed and inked from kraft cardstock. I knew I would mount it on a dark blue cardstock and would stamp the sentiment in dark blue, too. But the red color...that was driving me nuts! I then thought I'd incorporate text like we find in the Bible--and Jesus' words are usually in red...Perfect! As I was crafting, I had some company and we were talking about what we could add and she mentioned a cloak...I tossed that idea around for awhile and finally grabbed some ribbon and I LOVE how it looks! I love the contrast of the colors and the dimension the ribbon gives...

I hope you all can join in the fun, too! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comments. They always make me smile...

Have a great weekend!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. I love all the thought you put into this card! I'm sure it will bring encouragement to your friend. Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your friend really appreciated your card!

    Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!