Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Male card

Hi friends!

I'm just getting back from vacation but wanted to quick pop in and share a card. I needed a card for some men and those can be tricky. You don't want tons of embellishments and they can't be too girly so I went with a nautical theme. Here's my card:

The stamp (Lawn Fawn's "Float My Boat") was perfect for a clean and simple look. I began by heat embossing some chevron lines. I knew that would give it some added texture and interest. Then, I die cut some stitched circles and added some white lines right along the stitching of the red circle. Then, I stamped the anchor and added a brad (remember when those were used?!). The brad is perfect for this card. It's not too flashy yet does add some "bling". I popped up the anchor so that it had some added dimension. The sentiment is on the inside and it simply says "you are my anchor". Simple card but I tend to keep things simple for male cards.

I'm entering this card into several challenges:
Word Art Wednesday--Anything Goes
Lawnscaping Challenge--Embossing challenge
Just Add Ink--Create a Male Card


Have a great week, everyone, and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Awesome CAS card!! Thank you for joining Word Art Wednesday Challenge # 197
    Ginny M. WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat embossed chevrons are just perfect waves for your nautical theme Pat! Great idea! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Pat! I love the embossed chevrons; they add such a "wow" to the gorgeous, crisp, clean card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantasic card Pat! Love the nautical theme and the embossed chevrons are awesome for waves! Great CAS card! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic masculine card! The nautical theme is perfect! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy!

    Thank you so much for the compliment! I'll email you the link so you can share it with your readers...I'm humbled you think it "worthy" of sharing it! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!