Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy birthday!

Hi friends!

Yes, it's been a bit since I've posted...but I have been busy playing in my room. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I'm popping in to share a card I made. It's from a Teresa Collins set I purchased recently and I just love it! Here's my card:

I LOVE how bold this stamped image is. I stamped it repeatedly with pigment ink so that I could heat emboss it. The heat embossing gave it such a nice shine when it was all done. I went ahead and colored in the center of the flowers using distress markers. Then, I stamped the sentiment but realized it was still missing something. I thought maybe the white spaces in between the flowers were what needed something extra so I free handed some green dots in clusters. That helped--but I still felt like something was missing. I then saw some epoxy stickers of butterflies. They're clear and I'd been waiting to use them. I grabbed a few of my Copic markers and began coloring in this butterfly. I think it added that touch I knew was missing. Gotta love those Copic markers! :)

I'll be entering the card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Blog--anything goes!
Just Add Ink: Butterfly challenge
Word Art Wednesday--Anything goes!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. A very bold and beautiful flower indeed. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 194th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!