Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another sympathy card

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas time with family. I am currently at home with my 2 sons while my DH is visiting his grandmother in Mexico. Since I HATE going into our bedroom when he's not home, I put on a movie, lit a scented wax candle, and made some cards!

Although it's a sympathy card, which I do not enjoy making, I figured maybe it wouldn't be so dreary if I combined it with a few challenges. First up was the Lawnscaping Challenge. It's all about texture for this challenge and I knew I'd be embossing one way or another! :)

The second challenge comes via Young Crafters Unite. Their challenge was to use dies on a card. I love dies!

Here's my card:

I started out by using my cuttlebug embossing folder (flourish, I believe) and embossed white cardstock. I cut it in 3 strips and adhered that to the black cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and matted it on black cardstock. I believe the flower is from Inkadinkado and I wanted a pop of color so I used a cranberry pigment ink from the $1 bins. I cut it out using a spellbinders label. For a little bling, I added a gem in the center of the flower and the card is done! I love how it turned out, too. It's simple yet elegant.

Will be back tomorrow with a Mojo Monday card. Hope everyone is having a good start to the week...Wow--last week of 2011!

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant card! Thank you so much for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!