Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Play Date Cafe challenge

Hi everyone!

It was another quiet day at my house. Kids are missing their dad but enjoying the break they're getting from homeschooling. I've enjoyed having the big chunks of time to scrapbook and I even had time to make a card tonight, too!

Play Date Cafe
had a 2 week challenge this month. Here was the color combo they wanted us to use on our card:

I took on the challenge because, to be honest, if there's 2 colors that I really don't like it's yellow and green. And this challenge had 2 shades of green. I know it's very Christmas-like colors but I really don't like green. I was actually surprised to find that I even had green cardstock on hand b/c I'm not a fan of the color--at all! But, that's part of the fun of the challenge--using colors you wouldn't normally use and trying to make a nice card.

Here's my take:

I started out w/the lighter shade of green as the base and then the darker shade of green on top. I embossed it with the flourish embossing folder using my cuttlebug. Then, I used my flower inchies stamp set from inkadinkado and stamped the red flower on cream cardstock. I punched them out using an old square creative memories punch. I added some red ribbon and some bling and stamped the sentiment and the card was done. Not sure I love it but it could just be the color thing getting to me... :)

I think you all have a few more days to play along in the challenge if you have time. Hope you're having a great week!

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower tiles set atop the embossed card! Happy New Year Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love how the embossing stops half way down the card! LOVE that ribbon too:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!