Thursday, December 1, 2011

MOJO 217

Yes, I am posting twice in a matter of minutes! :)

It's been weeks since I've had a chance to play along with the Mojo Monday site. I saw this sketch earlier in the week, though, and really wanted to try it out. Here it is:














I decided to rotate the sketch and use the square version. Here's my card:
I started out by embossing the blue cardstock with a snowflake embossing folder with the cuttlebug. I knew I wanted to add some dimension, though, to the embossing so I used a faux letterpress technique and inked one side of the folder with white ink. That gave the background more of a snowy, midnight feel. I stamped the bears in a brown pigment ink and they're from a stampin' up set from years ago. I heat embossed the image and then colored it in using some glaze pens. I LOVE the wet, glossy feel of the image. I then cut it out using a spellbinders label and lightly inked a bit of broken china distress ink around the edges. I then used 2 strips of turquoise paper and freehanded the sentiment in white ink. I added a snowflake and then added some faux stitching around the strips. I added some stickles on some of the snowflakes and on one of the bear's earmuffs. Done! :)

There's still some time to join the mojo site this week... :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!