Monday, December 12, 2011

A misted, wintery b-day card

Hi all!

Before I go and start my homeschooling week, I figured I'd share a card I made for 3 different challenges going on right now. Here are the challenges:

Stampin' Sisters in Christ asked that we make a b-day card in honor of Christ's b-day.

PaperPlay Challenges asked that we use a snowman on our cards.

And, lastly, CAS-ual Fridays asked that we make a card using a mist technique. Here's the image for their challenge.



















Here's my take on all 3 challenges:
I started out by inking up the snowflakes. I used one from Hero Arts and another from a dollar stamp set. I used broken china distress ink on them and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then, I inked up the background with the same distress ink. I then used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds and spritzed it all over the background. You can't tell in the picture but the background just glitters! Love it! Then, I stamped the snowman (from stampin' up) in black ink and then stamped another snowman on some scrap paper. I cut out the snowman from the scrap paper and colored him in using glaze pens. I added some detail to the snowman by using the black glaze pen on his arms, eyes, and mouth. Then, I stamped an oval in distress ink and stamped the happy b-day sentiment (also from a dollar stamp set). I added 2 small gems on the sentiment and then pearls on the snowflakes. I mounted it on cardstock that I had inked with distress ink and done!

This was a really fun card to do...and I LOVED using the mist! It's a subtle glimmer but so lovely!

Hope you all can join in the fun!

Have a great week!
Pat

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the pearl accents on the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! LOVE this wintry scene--the colors are fabulous and the pearly centers of the snowflakes are the perfect accent! GORGEOUS card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and and adorable snowman. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is a cute one! Your mist looks great. What a perfect entry for this week's CAS-UAL Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!